Today I am going to share my aunt’s recipe for mushroom fritters, which she always makes for Christmas. They are delicious, probably not the healthiest, but from time to time they won’t be that bad for you!
240g mushrooms (cooked, allow excess water to drain)
1 cup flour
1/2 cup beer
1/4 olive oil
1/2 teaspoon baking powder (This is not essential, I made this batch without it as I ran out)
cayenne chilli pepper
Mushrooms: Wash them and then cook for about 3 to 4 hours until soft. Remove mushrooms, add some spices and vegetable/chicken stock cubes, cook some pasta and voilà, you have a tasty soup on a side!
It doesn’t matter what beer you use, I previously used a Tesco beer and this time around I used a Corona, and they are really tasty regardless of the brand.
As for spices, you can literally use whatever you like, those are the ones I use.
And now, it’s cooking time!
- Mix together the egg, flour and oil in a bowl.
- Add beer, little by little, while mixing.
- Add spices you like and whisk for the last time.
- The final texture should be quite thick, comparable to crème fraîche consistency.
- Fry it on a low-medium heat until golden brown.
- Enjoy your meal!
Tell me what you think!